Once upon a time, my MIL Carol introduced this dish to me. She loved to make a lot of it, and have it around in the fridge or freezer to fry up with almonds as a low calorie, yet filling meal. Well, if your children and/or husband put these toppings on it, it's no longer low-calorie. But the kids devour it and beg for more, so...

"Beans & Rice"
1/3 c. olive oil
2 c. prepared rice
1 can black beans
garlic salt to taste
sour cream
salsa
tortillas
Fry rice and beans in olive oil and garlic salt, allowing to become crispy. Eat plain, or top with sour cream & salsa. Tear pieces of tortilla into small pieces, and scoop up mixture in small bites.
Carlie asks for it every week.
2 c. prepared rice
1 can black beans
garlic salt to taste
sour cream
salsa
tortillas
Fry rice and beans in olive oil and garlic salt, allowing to become crispy. Eat plain, or top with sour cream & salsa. Tear pieces of tortilla into small pieces, and scoop up mixture in small bites.
Carlie asks for it every week.
Update March 2025: Carlie lives on her own and STILL makes this frequently.

3 comments:
Wow! I love your blog!!!
You're so cute Jana. And now I want you to have one!
I just tried this recipe and we love LOVE it! I'm sure it will be a family staple at our house. We miss your family.
Post a Comment