Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Fajitas


Chicken Fajitas are an O.G. recipe for our family. We buy a package of Lawry's Chicken Fajita mix that looks like this:
and we follow the directions on the back of the package.  Plus some extra touches.  Here it is:

Chicken Fajitas

2 T. oil
1 onion, julienned
1 red or green bell pepper, julienned
1 lb. chicken, cut into short strips
1/3 c. water
1 pkg. Lawry's Chicken Fajitas seasonings
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
warm tortillas

Topping ideas: cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, salsa  

Cook onion & bell pepper in 1 T. oil, simultaneously cooking chicken in the other T. oil in medium skillet.  We've tried cooking these together, and it just isn't the same.  When chicken is almost cooked through, add the water and seasonings packet.  Bring to a boil, reduce to low, simmer and stir for 3 min.  Stir in cooked vegetables & pineapple and heat through.  Serve in tortillas with sour cream.  Makes 8 fajitas. 

Lately, I've wanted to cut back on some carbs, so I grab a bag of lettuce for meals like these.  Instead of a tortilla, I put my filling and sour cream over salad mix... mmm it was so good.

Old picture I can't delete. =)





No comments: