My mom bought me a subscription to Taste of Home Magazine when I had only been married for a couple years. I went into a cooking frenzy, trying only the recipes that looked like I couldn't live without them. This adaptation from their recipe made it into my family's hearts. No matter what the hurry, I'd never be able to make stroganoff without these tangy ingredients.
Tangy Beef Stroganoff
1 lb. lean hamburger (or steak, diced)
½ lb. sliced mushrooms, optional
Small onion, diced
Garlic salt to taste
2 t. beef bouillon granules
1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. red wine vinegar
¼ tsp. pepper
2/3 c. sour cream
Egg noodles
Optional (the way we do it now):
Fettuccine (Connor requests this instead of egg noodles)
Small package of frozen Bird's Eye sweet petite peas
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Brown meat with the mushrooms, onion, garlic salt and bouillon. Mix in soup, lemon juice, vinegar, steak seasoning, & sour cream until it’s fully incorporated. Stir in peas. While that simmers on low, cook the noodles, then serve it all hot.
Until the night I took this picture, I made this stroganoff with steak every time. But my family loves it with hamburger now, and they really hate mushrooms. So I usually make this minus the mushes. I think from now on, I'll garnish the dish, too. Look how monochromatic we are!
And now some updates:



1 comment:
How exciting. I can't wait to make this for my husband!! I'll let ya know how it goes. -Jennie Gentile
Post a Comment