Thursday, February 17, 2011

Russian Chicken

One night, while eating at (my cousins) Jeff & Sara Goodsell's house, I asked him where he got this fabulous recipe.  "Oh, it's one of Grandma Levie's recipes" ...  What?  I had never had such delectable delight, and it was my own grandma's recipe?  It was immediately adopted into our family's repertoire without a backward glance.  Three ingredients, people. 

We made it for Valentine's Day with the children... it just tastes like love. 























Russian Chicken

Up to 6 chicken breasts (any more, and you'll need to double the sauce recipe)
1 c. (small bottle) Wishbone Russian Dressing
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 c. pineapple apricot jam
potatoes for baking
sour cream

Seriously, mix the 3 sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 min.  Bake potatoes & serve with sour cream.

This is one of those meals that tastes fancy.  It's your own secret that it took you 11 min. to prepare, including the potatoes!  I've run out of p. apricot jam before, and substituted strawberry; it was still fabulous.  Some of my family members like to serve this with rice instead of potatoes, and we will occasionally serve mashed potatoes, as pictured, in the interest of time.  But the supreme tastes come together with baked potatoes. Edit: we now love seasoned wedges more than whole baked potatoes.


Valentine's Day 2025






1 comment:

David and Jana said...

Wow Mel! A food blog! :) I love it! I'm going to do one sometime, perhaps a few more years down the road...but I take pictures of my food, too! I don't have a super camera either. Somewhere in time are my camera and my food blog. :) I need a bundt pan!!!!