Friday, April 1, 2011

No Bake Cookies

No Bake Cookies are by far my favorite cookies, ever. I have never tasted a recipe I liked better than this one.  While the batter was bubbling this time, I caught sight of a Christmas candy mold sheet I've never used, and decided to pour the cookies into it. The gingerbread people and snowflakes are a little flakey and crumbling, but you get the picture;  ¡delicioso!




No Bake Cookies

½ c. milk
2 T. butter
2 c. sugar
2 T. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
¾ c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oatmeal

Pre-measure peanut butter & oatmeal.  Bring milk, butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla & salt just to a boil.  While still on burner, stir in peanut butter until incorporated.  Take off heat and stir in oatmeal.  Quickly drop spoonfuls onto cool, ungreased cookie sheet before batter cools.  Refrigerate.

I have varied the ingredients many times, and something goes wrong each time. More butter or vanilla makes them not harden as well; more peanut butter throws off the taste.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

Christi said...

I've tasted other recipes too and this one is the best.