Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six Threes Ice Cream

Okay, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. There's icecream, and then there's icecream. 
I decided I needed one of these:

I didn't realize the sky-rocketing of calories & taste that would happen to our family. 
Oh, it was worth it!
On Allrecipes.com I found this amazing recipe:  Six Threes Icecream. 
Then I tweaked it.  Well, not enough to change the name or take any credit. 
I just didn't want bananas in it.  Voila!


Six Threes Ice Cream

3 c. cream
3 c. milk
3 c. sugar
3 oranges, juiced
3 lemons or limes, juiced
3 c. berries, pureed

Mix together and pour into icecream maker canister.  Make sure you have plenty of ice & salt, even overfilling and refilling as it goes.  Let it run its course, and beautiful things happen.

Note:  3 c. of mashed berries may be too much, so only fill to canister's "fill line."  If you still have large chunks of any of the berries, you may have trouble with the icecream mixture sifting through the paddles, hindering the mixing & freezing process.

1 comment:

Anna Min said...

I'm pretty attached to my vanilla ice cream recipe for my ice cream maker...but that picture looks so good I just wrote down the recipe! YUM!